Saturday, January 3, 2009

I've never been the girl that wants the Knight in shining armor to come rescue her and live happily ever after, until now.
And maybe that's because you're the first boy that has refrained from babying me and telling me all the shit I want to hear. You don't sweep me off my feet or lull me in any way. You tell it to me straight. Your eyes aren't soft when they connect with mine. They're determined. You don't pity me or plot ways to make my heart melt when we touch. You just do your thing and let me do mine.
I'm not bashing. Hah, no, not at all. The opposite, actually. I hate that I love it, cause it irritates me.
And I want you to chase me, because I think that you should.
And I want you to take me out, because I think that you should.
And I want you to call me, because I think that you should.
And I want something about you to be unexplainably drawn to me, so much so that you can't go a day without some kind of direct connect with my heart.

But you don't and maybe you won't and even if that's completely true, it doesn't dull any of these desires you refuse to feed.

Grrr.

0 comments: