Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1:23PM

My mother told me that I need to start thinking about the things that I want, rather than just waiting around for God to physically lift me from my seat and place me where He wants me. I must locate where my desires have fled to. Because His word says that He will give me the desires of my heart. Looks like I've cheeped out and just dropped my desires.

Psalm 37:4&5 says this:

Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to the Lord; Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

So here is where I pinpoint my mistakes these past few weeks; being that I have been delighting myself in other people, finding my social life as my cling to. I have been freaking out, trying to regain control of my life, because I have been afraid. Somehow placing my anxieties on God. Not giving them to Him, but pretty much blaming Him because I've been faithless. Therefore, my works have been self motivated, not being done unto Him. As much as I've said I've been trusting Him, I have not. Can you tell? If I had been trusting Him, I would not be knotted up inside my chest.
Lord God, 
here is my prayer: that You would forgive my selfishness and lack of trust in You. My flesh has gotten the best of me lately, and I've let it scare me senseless. 
I am finding my way back onto the right path. Your path for my life. Proverbs 16:9 says that I will plan my ways, but You, Lord, You will make it happen. You will direct my feet and show me exactly where to go.

I rebuke this fear. I burry it along with all my insecurities that have been creeping up on me.
I am worth the fight. Christ died for me so that I wouldn't have to feel these things. So that I may walk into the light and be a pure bride for him to take as his own.
The enemy has been stealing my joy lately. Plotting to destroy what God has in store for me.
I will not be ruined. I will not be destroyed. I am strong, determined, and fierce.
All these silly distractions are meaningless. 
This is only a season, Jenelle.

Be free, for He has set you free.
Delight in Him, because He delights in you.

0 comments: