Friday, October 31, 2008

Last night at Younglife it was my turn to give my testimony.

I have never half-assed something so horribly in my life.
I'm surprised I didn't tell them what shoe size I wore.
The response was, "sounds like you have a pretty perfect life..."
And I just said, "Yah, I love my life"
And to be completely honest,
I look at my life as something perfectly crafted. It is a masterpiece and I'm the finish work.
Yes, I've been through some heavy struggles. Yes, I've made my mistakes. I'm not so much ashamed about the things that have happened as much as I like them to stay in the past, and stirring that stuff up only makes me feel down.  The last thing I'm looking for is pity from strangers. 
Crucial details that make me who I am-remain somewhat locked inside of me. If asked specifically to open up, I can. But willingly letting people into the deepest most vulnerable part of my heart is a privilege I don't hand out freely. 
Trust. 
One foot in front of the other, Jenelle.

0 comments: