Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh, Boy.



Today was one of those days that I ached for strong arms to fall into.
Someone to hold my face and tell me that everything is going to be just fine.
That yes, my father is a jerk, but not all men are monsters. Not all men are afraid, not all men are unfaithful-in all senses of the word.
You know, that boy that's stronger than I am? If such a boy exists, he must be mine.
I want to hear "I love you" and melt, and know that it's true.
I want to lock eyes with him and not be able to look away. I want to be treated exactly the way I should be treated. I want to not fear trusting, I want to be given the opportunities to be the brave girl that I am.
I want him to write about me.
I want him to dedicate songs to me.
I want him to call me cause he loves the sound of my voice.
I want him to pray for me every night, and text me scriptures every morning.
I want him to love me the way I should be loved.
I need him to do what's right no matter what the struggle or sacrifice is.
And to be honest, I don't think that's asking too much...

Because I'm worth it,
I swear.

0 comments: