Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keep going.


I have found myself looking back

and missing things and people that

are accurately placed in my past.

I keep being told "new chapter, Jenelle"

but I am still somehow in love with

the story that trails behind me.

I have yet to take a breather

while turning these pages

as fast as my fingers can.

Through the self-hatred,

self-mutilation, depression,

death, financial crashes,

neglect, education imbalance, 

lying and stealing,

drinking, waking up next

to strangers, chemical drugs,

losing friends, sex, broken hearts, 

cheating, pregnancy scares,

clutching on to "maybe" hopes,

the gossip, the loneliness,

stolen kisses, broken promises,

harsh words, false accusing, 

misunderstandings, 

failure to feel, failure to love,

leading on, face to face,

brokenness to brokenness.

New chapter, Jenelle.

Do not look back.

I am new...

0 comments: