Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dread.

My dream last night was this:
I was traveling a really long distance back home (I have no idea where I was coming from) and I was in what seemed like a crappy motel room. I decided I needed a shower-but weird things kept happening. The water kept going cold-doors I know I closed, would all the sudden be open, and I was hearing weird sounds. Completely freaked out. So I try to grab my stuff to leave, but everything is unpacked and all over the floor. So I grab whatever I can, and slowly walk into the hallway. There are other people awake, (it's like 4am) all girls though, for some reason.
I ask one of the girls which way the exit is. She can't make eye contact with me and seems very distracted. She answers me anyways. She tells me to go left. Wrong directions. I come back to her and she's still got here eyes fixed on nothing. I think she was wearing a football jersey. I ask her how many fingers I'm holding up. (I hold up two fingers) She says, "That's a three" and continues trying to focus her eyes on something. I decide to find my own way out. I find the exit, but now I'm in this overgrown courtyard standing in dead grass. This man comes up to me. I have a feeling this isn't a motel. He tells me my parents sent me away to an insane asylum because I am crazy. He won't tell me why though. He hugs me-now I'm at a concert.
I somehow managed to escape? I am not sure.
I remember that I want to go back-so I do. I find my way back.
Someone that represents Steve is standing on the other side of this gate. He too, has checked into this place. We're talking through the gate. He is what I came back for. I keep asking him to come out and escape with me. But he won't. I don't understand. So I crawl back through the gate, back onto the asylums property. I hug him so so tight. I see two girls standing behind him. A young girl and a girl more my age.
All of the sudden this dream makes sense to me:
The little girl was doesn't exist anymore-and I kept seeing her places, that's why I got sent to this loony bin. The older girl, from what I thought, was Steve's girlfriend who also no longer existed. Him and I were close because we had both lost someone close to us. But then I realized that the girl was me. His girlfriend that I thought had died, was me. He came to stay with me in this crazy house because he loved me, and it ended up driving him crazy, too. And it all clicked in my head. I was flooded with emotion. Completely overwhelmed. Even now that I'm awake, I'm still a little flustered. It's like this unhealthy state of mind is okay with him as long as him and I are together. But the little girl, was me when him and I met. Innocent and eager. The older girl was me, unhealthy and broken. But I am free now-and need not to look back. I have to leave him here, in this ill place. I've asked him to come out, haven't I? To get healthy. But he won't. He won't. And that's not mine to carry. And I don't want him thinking he's caused a mental illness in me-I am free of it all. And walking forward and healthy.

My heart pounds in my ears.
I don't know what any of that means. But it was a scary dream to say the least.

Okay, well, it's Sunday morning and I need to get ready for church.
Don't wanna, but gotta.

0 comments: